Can I create a family talk plan of an iphone 4 and a general stock phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dany M, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Dany M macrumors 6502

I was reading through some forums and the general idea that I was getting is that in order to set up a new family plan with an iphone 4, the other phone would need to be an iphone 4. And that creating a new account with 'general stock' won't allow you to pick the new iphone?

Is their a way around this. Someone mentioned that you can create two separate accounts and then merge them and create a data plan for the general phone, is this true?

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

You can have ANY combination of phones on a family plan (i.e. shared VOICE minutes). However the iPhone has its own DATA plan that cannot be shared.

3. dave006 macrumors 68030

dave006

No issue with only having one iPhone and a non-iPhone on a FamilyTalk rate plan.

You just can't start a new FamilyTalk plan in the Apple store unless you are purchasing two iPhones since they only sell iPhones.

Yes you can create two individual accounts and merge them into a FamilyTalk rate plan. It would be best if you plan to go this route that you get both lines in the same persons name, just makes it easier to merge the accounts.

Dave

4. Dany M thread starter macrumors 6502

Allright, I checked it out online and it said that the iphone can not be mixed with a general stock item for family talk. I guess I'll go in person later this week to an at&t store