Can I cut down my current blackberry sim for new iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Generik777, May 1, 2012.

1. Generik777 macrumors regular

Generik777

A friend of mine currently uses a blackberry on AT&T but has an iPhone 4 on the way. When it gets here can we just cut the current BB sim down to a micro sim and then swap it into the iPhone or are we gonna have to get ahold of AT&T to have them switch something. Also does it cost to go in and just get a new sim? Thanx.

2. DroidRules macrumors 65816

Did he/she buy the i4 from apple/ AT&T or 3rd party? IF they got it retail then it will come with a sim card that must be used as old sim will be useless after i4 is activated. (assuming it's the same account) IF it's 3rd party you can cut down the sim but it cost nothing to get a new one from AT&T.

3. NewtonApple macrumors member

To get the best use out of your iPhone you will need to call AT&T and get a iPhone plan. They will not provision your cut down SIM. I change from phone to phone all the time and just do it over the phone. I buy both regular and iPhone SIM cards 20 at a time on eBay.

4. Generik777 thread starter macrumors regular

Generik777

5. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

They will provision any sim you like, if you get the correct rep on the line. I gaurantee this. I too have been told that I need the proper "micro sim" before. Hang up, try again. Usually doesn't take more than a second call.