Can I cut my StraightTalk SIM card and use it on an iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by printrenori, Jun 24, 2013.

1. printrenori macrumors newbie

Oct 29, 2011
    I'm planning on buying a factory unlocked iPhone from eBay, then cutting my full-size StraightTalk SIM card I use on my iPhone 3Gs, and using it with the iPhone 5. I have an AT&T-compatible StraightTalk SIM card, which is no longer sold, so I can't screw up cutting it. How hard is it to cut it successfully? Is this a feasible plan in general? Thank you.
  2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Apr 16, 2008
    At the iPhone hacks section.
    You can go to Tmobile or any other stores that they might have sim cutters available.
    Or purchase one. They are only around $5-6 and they will cut the sim perfect each time.
  3. dictoresno macrumors 601

Apr 30, 2012
    i bought a nano SIM cutter on amazon for $4 which i brought with my to Iceland to cut down the prepaid SIM i planned on buying. it worked like a charm and the fit was perfect. alot better than trying to cut by hand. however, i used the following template, printed out, to cut down an old at&t mini SIM just to test and see if it worked. it indeed did, but was very poorly cut and looked stupid.

i used a sharp razor blade to cut it.