Can I disable my Airport Extreme Router remotely with IPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cathymac11, Mar 21, 2011.

1. cathymac11 macrumors newbie

Hi,
    Can I turn off / disable my Airport Extreme Router remotely by using my iPhone 4?
    I have a teen who likes to sneaks down in the middle of the night to play COD and other games until the wee hours.
    Sure, i could manually shut the router off before I go to bed but I am hoping I can just "click" from my iPhone and it's off. :)

2. jdaniel macrumors 65816

you can shut it off. he can turn it on cant he LOL... but yeah never heard of anything that controls routers. Anything that controls anything works via wifi anyways so without your router.. there be no iphone remote for almost all the remote apps.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Who's your ISP? If your on an Adsl modem 9/10 of them have the ability to schedule the router either totally or by port/mac address.

If your with virgin and the ap is pluged straight into your virgin modem your stuck really.

4. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

MAC address control might work for you.

Attached Files: