Can I do this type of sort with my pictures on a 4S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EC99SS, Jan 7, 2012.

1. EC99SS macrumors member

Hi all
    This is my first iphone (4S) and I haven't connected it yet to itunes. I'm waiting for the new computer first.

At any rate, after some research I see that all photos are kept in Camera Roll. Even when creating new albums, those photos are just duplicates/copies and the originals stay within camera roll.

Now is this possible to do? Say when I connect to my PC I download all the pictures to the HD. I then sort them into folders. I then put those folders into a master photo folder and then sync that via Itunes. Will I then be able to delete all the pictures in my camera roll? Now I'm just left with no pictures in camera roll and all my pictures within their respective albums below it?

Hope this made sense. Again sorry if this is trivial. I haven't connected to Itunes yet.

Thanks!

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Yep! I do that all the time, makes it a lot less annoying.

3. EC99SS thread starter macrumors member

Awesome thanks. Just another quick question

1) What is the sequence of steps to delete from camera roll? Can I simply delete from camera roll after syncing and creating my albums? Or do I have to do it prior to syncing? Or does it not matter when?

Thanks much!

4. 01jamcon macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

I don't fully understand you, do you only want to have one set of photos synced on your iPhone? E.g. take photo, sync to computer, arrange in folder, sync back to a folder on your iphone and delete from camera roll?

If so, then it sounds like you're doing it already.

5. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

You can delete them as soon as you import them to the computer. iPhoto, or windows gives you the option to delete from the device after import.

6. 01jamcon macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

Obviously you have to delete them after syncing otherwise you can't make a copy of it to your computer.

7. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Syncing would be putting them back on your phone! Importing is getting them into your computer.

8. 01jamcon macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

Yes sorry, I meant importing

9. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Just a little wish in case the :apple: gods are listening.

Could you PLEASE "allow" us to rename images on the camera roll and move them to folders we set up on the phone.