Can I download music from Verizon's VCast onto my Mac?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by vickirose, Jun 3, 2008.

1. vickirose macrumors newbie

I just bought a Verizon music phone for my son. We have a Mac and all our music has been purchased from itunes-I know I cannot download the itunes stuff onto the phone, but can I download stuff from Verizon's vcast? It says you need 'windows vista', which I believe is an operating system used only on PC's, not Macs. If this is true, are there any other options for getting MP3 formatted songs onto my Mac?

2. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

Where there's a will, there's a way. You can get the music back and forth, it just takes some fanigiling. itunes has no problem reading mp3 tunes. I'm not sure about wma though. Does vcast use mp3 or wma? Anyway, I'm pretty sure you can beat the DRM by burning a CD then ripping that same CD.

I have a verizon Vcast phone, but do not get my music from verizon - they are too expensive. Usually I just get it to the phone by using my handy-dandy card reader. I did find the phone doesn't like to play ogg files - yea I tried. Also, it seems to be kinda finiky on how the files are named - I haven't quite figured out what it doesn't like about them though.

3. The General macrumors 601

Verizon phones have CD burners? :rolleyes:

4. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

They have SD cards, and some of the phones are browseable via bluetooth - like I said - where there's a will, there's a way. I didn't say it was straight-forward. :rolleyes: