Can I download songs?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Legacy Wealth, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Legacy Wealth macrumors member

Forgive my ignorance but when I was on android I could actually download songs. When I select download on a link it just opens it up and plays ... But can't find it iny iPhone .... Can this be even done ? Thanks and FYI using I5

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

You need a third party downloader. They are out there. One I found yesterday (free) is called MyMedia. You can then download, but the file is stored in the app. Some of the apps let you download to other apps, such as DropBox or email the file to yourself.

You can get the file on the phone in the right place using workarounds. For instance, PhoneView on Mac will let you see the iPhone file system and you can browse the file system if you are using a PC. Find the app that downloaded the song and then copy the file out to your computer. Then just import it to iTunes and sync the file.

I do this with Video Tube which saves the videos I download as MP4. Since that app converts and saves for me in an iPhone supported app I don't have to worry about anything except copying the file out and then in to iTunes. Any of these music downloaders should do the same, presumable as MP3.

3. Legacy Wealth thread starter macrumors member