Can I exchange my iPhone 5C for a manufacturing ding?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dmorgan, Oct 10, 2013.

1. dmorgan macrumors member

I have had my 5C for about a week, and I did notice after the Walmart employee activated it that there was a ding in the top right of the white casing. Since it is a high gloss finish, it is pretty noticeable to me.

Am I able to exchange this phone for another white model under AT&Ts 14 day grace period?

2. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

3. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

In the first 14 days you can. Your within your return window

4. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

My new car has dust on it, can I exchange it for a new one? They should take this old and obviously defective no good to anyone at all car and crush it. Mother Earth be damned. I need a new car, this one has dust and possibly a tiny 'only seen by myself' scratch on it.

5. cwosigns macrumors 65816

Apples and oranges, sir.

6. ross1998 macrumors 6502a

You can't compare a ding to dust. A ding is permanent but dust can be wiped off. I'd like to see you purchase a new car that had a small dent in the hood.

7. blarivee macrumors 6502

Yes you can. If they give you trouble, just do a return.

8. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I wouldn't delay. The longer you have it increases the chances someone might assume it was a ding you put on it from use. Or maybe it's just me that just worries about things like that. :)

9. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Still apples and oranges. Dealerships can and do sell new cars with dings and scratches on them, at reduced price. And car dents can be pulled and body work done to restore the finish. Not so easy on an iPhone.

10. mexxdude macrumors member

The day after I got my white 5C, I noticed a blue string in between the screen and the white casing. I tried to remove it but couldn't. It looks like dried glue. So I brought it back to Apple and they gave me a new one no questions asked. A ding is more serious defect than what I had so I am sure they would give you a new one. Hopefully they don't think you dropped the phone. Good luck!!

11. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

Cry me a river.

12. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

...you used four words compared to my entire post to say the same thing to OP and others like him. ;)