Can I get a 27 inch at Best Buy with Fusion?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by prosty41, Nov 27, 2012.

1. prosty41, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2012

prosty41 macrumors member

I have been saving up Best Buy gift cards for three years and have over $1,000. I have been planning to use them for a new Imac for awhile now. I would rather buy from the apple store but I am kind of stcuk because of the amount of BB cards that I have.

Once Best Buy has them in stock, can I buy a 27 inch Imac from Best Buy with a fusion drive?

PS: anyone want a smoking deal on some BB gift cards? : )

2. Siderz macrumors 6502a

I live in the UK, so I'm not sure, but you might want to check the fine print on the cards, it might say "Use this card within 2 years" or something.

3. THOPMedia macrumors regular

THOPMedia

Best buy should sell the whole line of apple products or be able to get them in the same way that any other authorized retailer can.

4. drambuie macrumors 6502a

Around a couple of years ago, Best Buy announced that they would be taking BTO Mac orders through the instore Apple stores, for delivery via the store, but it seems nothing ever came of that. It could be that the idea was abandoned due to the potential issues with handling BTO returns.

5. prosty41 thread starter macrumors member

All of the cards state that they do not expire

6. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

I hope so, I think the cards don't expire. Just the money on them. :D

The 27 inch won't be out until next month I believe, hopefully before xmas, but probably on new years eve.

7. prosty41 thread starter macrumors member

I'm guessing with the low supply, bestbuy won't have many so im betting its well into January that I can even get one.. But I hope they give me some damn options

8. akamu24 macrumors newbie

I'm facing the same problem. You can get a 27" at Best Buy, but there are no customizations available. Looks like you just get the basic 1TB drive, with no option to upgrade to a Fusion drive. Pretty stupid it's not just default..

Maybe Best Buy does special orders? I'm not sure. Going to try contacting them for further clarification. If only Apple sold a standalone Fusion drive.