Can I get a 3GS commitment-free (ie. full price) at Best Buy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Chris Welch, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Chris Welch macrumors 6502

I ask because they're currently offering 18 month interest-free financing for purchases over $499. I'm not eligible for an upgrade until December, and even then I really don't want to extend my contract with AT&T.

So I figure spreading the $699 for the 32gb 3GS over a few months will make it a bit easier to swallow.

Anyone know if you can get an iPhone commitment free at Best Buy?

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

Well

Yes you can $699 plus tax tell them you will activate it at home if they try. remember to make sure it's 3.0.1 or 3.0 or else you might not be able to unlock it and be stuck with AT&T.

3. eye.surgeon macrumors 6502

I'm not sure but I will offer some unsolicited financial advice, if you have to finance a phone you probably shouldn't buy it. Finance your home, maybe your car...but a cell phone?

4. Chris Welch thread starter macrumors 6502

Maybe I'd do better just waiting until December and then paying the ETF if I decide to go elsewhere. That'd still wind up being cheaper than this $699 nonsense.

5. ihonda macrumors 68000

best place to buy it is from bestbuy reguardless, u can exchange ur phone every 29 days for a brand new one.. its great.

6. Chris Welch thread starter macrumors 6502

Uhhh.. What?

7. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Well said. The benefits of the upgrade are small compared to the downside of financing a cell phone. It will be obsolete in less than a year anyway. :(