Can I get a 4870 and a GT 120 in my Mac Pro?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Greenhoe, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Greenhoe macrumors regular

Hi,
    I'm looking to purchase a mac pro and would ilke to run duel 24 ACD although I can only run one via 4870. Is there any way I can purchase a Mac Pro with 4870 and the GT 120 card?

I've read on here you need to call apple to do so although I tried today and the rep who didn't sound like he even knew what the 4870 was or the GT 120 said that I couldn't do that.

2. Fomaphone macrumors regular

you can. Tallest Skil configured his with both.

sorry you had a misinformed rep if that was the case... apparently that's more common than I had thought a month ago (before obsessively reading this forum and working through my own configuration questions, partially relying on conversations with apple reps)

3. Greenhoe thread starter macrumors regular

Well he planed to but he never did get one did he? So did he actually have it on order with it or just plan on doing it?

4. Fomaphone macrumors regular

oh... when he changed his sig to "it has been posted" or whatever it is right now i figured that he got the config he was planning

either way... a rep should be able to keep straight the TWO video card options and their possible combinations

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

That doesn't matter. It is physically possible to run one of each in there. It is physically possible to run two GT 120 and a 4870 if you need six monitors.

You can't run three GT 120 and a 4870, though.

Just configure with the 4870 and put a GT 120 in your cart.