Can I get a 4s dock that will fit with the bumper

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by himynameiscody, Nov 16, 2011.

1. himynameiscody macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I have an old iPod dock but there's a lot of extra room and I figured have the phone lean/be stood up only by the charge port wasnt a good idea

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

That's your only choice. If you're concerned about stress on the connector, just plug the cable straight into the phone and don't use a dock.

3. PaulyD macrumors 6502

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I use this one by Made2Dock. Works with a bumper. It is still supported primarily by the plug though, but I have not had a problem.

5. himynameiscody thread starter macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

My iPod fit in there perfectly but would lean against the plastic dock because the fit was meant for it

6. himynameiscody thread starter macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

and my iPod one was on a slant

7. vaugha macrumors regular

+1 for made2dock. Enamored by its style and they make customized docks depending on what bumper you have. Email them if you have one that is not listed on their site.

8. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I have looked at many docks and purchased 4-5 and any that have the extra room for a cover or bumper will use the dock connector to support/hold the phone. Most the time this is safe but if the phone get hit or something drops on your phone while in the cradle it can and will break things.

9. himynameiscody thread starter macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

if it stood straight up i'd feel safer...altho it still could be bumped...and mine was for an old ipod so it has all this extra room

[​IMG]

10. himynameiscody thread starter macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

do you guys prefer slanted or vertical docks?

i just feel like standig up is better because it's not constantly putting pressure. but maybe i'm just worrying. my dock is old so my phone willl snap in but not rest against the back of the dock like my ollddd fat ipod would