Can I get a new case for free?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jadoreconnie, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Jadoreconnie macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I got a speck candy shell month ago for my iPhone 4s and I took it out today. I notice that a part of the rubber is missing inside near the camera hole. can I get a replacement for free if I bring it into the store? Bought it at the AT&T store

Here the picture of it:
    http://instagr.am/p/a0xUf/

2. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

If AT&T won't do anything for you contact Speck directly. In my experience they have very good customer service.

3. Virgo macrumors 6502

Virgo

My candy shell has that same spot missing. I think that's just how it's designed?

4. Eager Beaver macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

How is starting this thread easier than calling the store you bought it from and simply asking them? -
    I really don't get this one, is this a trick thread?

5. spank13 macrumors newbie

Contact Speck directly. I had an issue in the past with one of their products and they sent me a replacement.

6. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

yup contact speck. one year warranty on their products. At least the one I got.

7. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

OP: It depends on what AT&T's return policy is. If 30 days and you're under that give it a try. I agree that Speck will have a longer warranty and hopefully take care of you.

Also, BTW the link is broken so I hope that means you got it taken care of. :)

8. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I've emailed Speck before and they've offered to replace my case if I sent it in.

9. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

unfortunately that's 1/2 of the threads on here...

10. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Again, if AT&T don't replace it contact Speck. They replaced my faulty Pixelskin HD (the one with hard to press buttons) without hassle, and I even got to keep the 'faulty' one (gave it to my friend - he doesn't need to know the buttons weren't meant to be like that! :p ).

11. DroidRules, Dec 24, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2011

DroidRules macrumors 65816

Because it makes people feel important to start useless threads..... OR they have no idea how to problem solve on their own and need others to tell them what to do. Haven't you noticed it's a pretty big epidemic her on MR?

Bingo!

12. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Is this lack of being able to make good judgments a sign of what our educational system is churning out? It could be this is planned so the government will have less trouble taking complete control in the future.:(

13. DroidRules macrumors 65816

LoL, the FEMA camps are being made and one day we'll all be in one of them :eek:

Viva la revolucion!!

14. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Yes all the trailers are rotting in the sun as the insulation used to insulate them created formaldehyde levels 20 times what is acceptable. They will likely just lower their standards of what is really safe! LOL!

15. Virgo macrumors 6502

Virgo

16. antman2295 macrumors 6502

All accessories bought from an AT&T store have a 1 year warranty, i have a speck candy shell, took it in and got it exchanged no questions asked.

17. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

I went to 2 at&t corp stores and all the candy shells were like this...I checked about 15 of them...ALL HAD THIS....weird but Im gonna check the ones at the Apple store to see if its at&t's stock...they repackage all their cases. For example at&t removes the screen protectors from all of the otterbox commuter cases.