Can I get Applecare+ if I get my phone from the VZW store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Streamlines, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Streamlines macrumors newbie

Title kinda says it all...

I'm getting a 6+ from my local VZW store in a few weeks. Can I head down the road to my local Apple Retail store and add Applecare+ to the phone?

Can I get Applecare+ on line instead?

2. jekjones1558 macrumors 6502

Yes. Call Apple and they can do a remote check to make sure the phone is working. Or go to Apple Store.

3. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

You can do it from the apple website (apple chat) also

4. CBillups1 macrumors 6502a

CBillups1

i asked them, i think you have to call no matter what. thy dont take payment info through chat

5. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I was able to do it through chat, they emailed me a link to run a diagnosis, then a link to make the payment. It may depend on where you live though.

6. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Yes. Pick it up at the Apple Store or if you can tell Apple that it's not convenient/feasible for you to get to an Apple Store, you can do it via phone.

7. ricktat macrumors 65816

8. Peepo macrumors 6502a

I got my iPhone 6 from Future Shop (in Canada). A month or so later I walked into an Apple store and purchased Applecare+. They sales guy just looked at my Serial #, typed it into his portable iPod touch, I paid via VISA and got email receipt - all took about 2 minutes. He didn't even want me to take out of case or examine it... just wanted serial number.

9. wxman2003 Suspended

I got my phone from Verizon and went to a certified Apple repair store and they checked over my phone and sold me the warranty. The place was called Mac Pros which is a local certified store. You can do a search in your city. Choose Service.

https://locate.apple.com