Can I get AppleCare on T-Mobile iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AdNaseum, May 11, 2013.

1. AdNaseum macrumors newbie

600+ dollars is a lot for just a phone to me if I buy the phone outright from the tmobile website does anyone know what kind of protection plans are available to me?

2. CandyRedNinja macrumors member

CandyRedNinja

After you buy the phone I think you have 14days to go to apple and add AppleCare+

3. CBillups1 macrumors 6502a

CBillups1

doesnt it say on apple.com its 30 days?

and what does it cover? anytime i have a problem? if i throw it and break it i can take it in and get a new one? am i correct?

i plan on going tomorrow but wanna know if its worth it

4. Ann P macrumors 68020

AppleCare is on Apple's end so you'll have to contact them and/or purchase from them.

5. beeinformed macrumors 6502

I believe you have you 30 days from the date you purchased your iPhone to get the applecare+ plan.

6. 3rd Rock, May 12, 2013
    Last edited: May 12, 2013

3rd Rock macrumors 6502

Me thinks...

30 days if you buy it from Apple online or store, and 14 days if you buy it from T-Mobil/Verizon store, etc

Update:

http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-2624

" * Cancellation and Returns. Service Cancellation: You can cancel a new line of Service without paying an Early Termination Fee if you cancel WITHIN 14 DAYS of activating a new line of Service (30 days in California; other states may differ - ask your sales representative) ("Cancellation Period")
    For other carriers:"

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2012/10/06/att-cutting-return-period/

7. Izaiah macrumors regular

Izaiah

Yeah, Apple gives you 30 days. I bought AppleCare+ three weeks after buying my iPhone at T-Mobile.

It covers defects and up to 2 accidental damages($49 deductible) for 2 years, but it does not cover lost/stolen devices.

8. osofast240sx macrumors 68030

osofast240sx

That's why I got the T-Mobile PHP it covers lost and stolen devices.

9. Izaiah macrumors regular

Izaiah

I had it when I had an android phone because there really isn't another option. However, I have never lost a phone(broken, yes) so I can't justify paying that much($287 vs $100 over 2 years). Plus, Asurion has raised their deductibles to crazy amounts and I'm not with it lol.