Can I get photos, apps, contacts, and music from itunes after Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Ferri1c, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Ferri1c macrumors member

I had to jb my iphone 4 for the second time. I'm using the 4.0.1 firmware. I'm confused about the whole itunes after jailbreak relationship. I already know NOT to hit update on itunes. However I don't know any of the other rules. When I hooked up the phone to itunes after jb it says "an iphone has previously synced with this computer" I can either set up as a new phone or restore from a back-up.

QUESTIONS:

1. Can I upload my contacts, photos, music, and apps with itunes after my JB?

2. If so, which option do I chose, Set up as new phone or Restore from a Back-up?

3. If the answer is restore from a back-up, then what time period do I need? Time period before any of my jailbreaks? or time period of when I had my 1st jailbreak?

4. For the future is it ok to back and sync my Jailbroken phone with itunes or will either of those lose my jail break?

5. Lastly, is there anything else that I haven't mentioned that can ruin my jailbreak with itunes besides updating the newest firmware?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!! Sorry I'm a bit paranoid of losing my jail break again!!!!

2. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

iTunes works exactly the same with a jailbroken or non-jailbroken phone. Whatever you do now, keep doing it.

Pushing any of the erase/reset toggles (except reset network settings) will require a restore, thus requiring a re-JB.

3. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Jailbreaking has no effect on iTunes syncing or backups whatsoever. You can set up as new or restore from a backup; it shouldn't matter. Some people have reported battery issues when restoring from a backup between major versions, i.e., restoring a 2.x backup on a phone that's been updated to 3.x. Other than that, jailbreaking is irrelevant.

4. Ferri1c thread starter macrumors member

5. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

You came to the right place to get good advice!

6. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

Just remember that if you have Installous ....... you want to switch off the itunes sync under settings or you'll loose all those apps every time u sync.