Can I get songs off my friends itunes without deleting all my songs?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by andyACEcandy, May 17, 2008.

1. andyACEcandy macrumors 6502a

I am doing manual sync but it still says it will delete my songs and replace them with his....

I just want to get a couple songs off his itunes without deleting any of mine

Possible?

2. mr.light macrumors 6502

I do not think you can do it. Why not have your friend burn a copy for you? Then you can add it to your itunes.

3. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

It is possible, I have my Touch set to manually manage music, and I connect it to three different computers without it trying to delete anything.

4. andyACEcandy thread starter macrumors 6502a

hmmmmmmm wonder what my problem is then

all the research ive done says its not possible

5. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Are you sure you're not confusing it with Enable Disk Use? Because that is definitely not possible on the Touch.

6. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Do you sync manually with those three computers?

7. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Indeed I do. On my first touch I initially auto-synced it, but then changed it to sync manually on my home PC. After that I was able to connect it to both my sister's laptop as well as a computer at work with no problems, all my content stayed on the iPod and I could add whatever I wanted. Same circumstances with my second touch (which Apple gave as a replacement for the first). Connected it, hit "manually manage my music" and haven't had any problems connecting to different computers.

8. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Interesting.

So if you have movies; A, B, C and D, where A & B are on the Mac and C & D are on the PC, you can sync both the Mac and PC so that A, B, C and D are on the Touch while still maintaining A & B on the Mac and C & D on the PC?

If so, how do you manage the settings under movies.

How about contacts, calendars, and pictures. Have you tried this?

9. andyACEcandy thread starter macrumors 6502a

I did it!

just dont press sync

hook up your ipod to computer A, and click and drag the stuff you want onto your ipod on itunes.

Then go to computer B and do the same thing

nothing gets deleted

technically, you are not syncing... you're just taking his files and dragging it onto ur ipod

wooooo!