Can I get the *full-price* Verizon version on the day one?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wmy5, Sep 9, 2014.

1. wmy5 macrumors regular

I just don't like be bounded by a contract and I want to buy an iPhone outright. In addition, I prefer to using Verizon's network but the T-mobile contract-free version on the Apple Store doesn't support CDMA. Is there a way to get an iPhone 6 on day one (Sep 19) without a contract (full-price)? Thanks for the input.

2. BruiserB macrumors 65816

You can walk into an Apple store and request one "device only." No guarantee if they will have what you want.

Doesn't look like you can order it online as it doesn't price out no plan VZ phones on the site. Maybe we'll be surprised when the store comes up on Friday.

3. taedouni macrumors 65816

When you try to purchase an iPhone on their website it'll check if you have an upgrade available. If you do, it should give you an option of paying full price or the subsidized price. Apple does not care if you are having your device subsidized or not.

4. terraphantm macrumors 68040

What if we don't have a verizon account at all, or are eligible for an upgrade and don't want to use it?

5. rui no onna macrumors 603

rui no onna

Buy new and pay ETF. I calculated the numbers for the $60 2GB single line and the cost works out to the same as contract free.