Can I get wifi connection at a hotel and/airport with my ipod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by loneapple24, Aug 6, 2009.

1. loneapple24 macrumors newbie

loneapple24

I'm going to take a flight from SFO to John Wayne Airport tomorrow. Will I be able to get internet connection? Will the ipod touch connect to the wifi automatically?

2. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Wirelessly posted (BB 8900: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.250 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/301)

Go to settings, and wifi, and scan for networks. If any are accessible, hop on and enjoy.

3. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

I travel all the time and most airport wifi is not available right now. You have to pay for log-on time. The hotel is different. Most have free wifi available and is very easy to connect to. I will not stay in a hotel that doesn't have this free service. Good luck.

4. loneapple24 thread starter macrumors newbie

loneapple24

I see. No wonder I couldn't get wifi when I was at the airport last time. Is it different for iPhone users? They get their internet connection anywhere from the 3G network or something?

5. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

Yep, thats the great advantage of owning an iPhone, the 3g coverage. While not as fast as wifi, at least it's still internet connection and it's decently fast enough to be honest. Some airports do offer free wifi though, but a lot don't.

6. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Or, if you live in the middle of nowhere like I do, 3G is some 100 times FASTER then any home internet or Wi Fi connection available here :p

7. frogger2020 macrumors regular

8. MacIllini macrumors member

9. Lorenz0 macrumors regular

John Wayne is an arsehole

OK, so I know, not many of you will get that one...

10. crackbookpro macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

Most airports do have wifi, and a lot of them in the states use a wifi service by the name of boingo. www.boingo.com

I use it a lot when I travel. If I am doing a lot of travel in one day for work...it's great - the boingo daily service will transfer from one airport to the next, which is a huge plus!!!

You can also do a monthy plan, which if traveling a lot in a certain time frame - is definitely the way to go ;)

11. Gaelic2 macrumors 6502

I even got a connection at a small hotel in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico with no problem or expense. Airports, I found, charge an arm and a leg to log on.

12. thec macrumors newbie

Phoenix, and Honolulu, are both free.......