Can I give my old iPhone 4 to my husband?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by probablyhappy, Sep 29, 2012.

1. probablyhappy macrumors newbie

I've got a new iPhone 5 and I want to give my old iPhone 4 to my husband who's using iPhone 3G.

How does my phone number on iPhone 4 transfer to his? Do I have to contact AT&T?

2. Jamesesesesess macrumors 6502a

Yes, all he will need is a new microSIM card to put in your 4. Go to your local AT&T and they'll either give you one for free or charge you a little :D

3. probablyhappy thread starter macrumors newbie

Does his 3G SIM contain his phone number? Can I just move the SIM to 4?

4. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

It won't fit physically unless you want to cut it down. There are instructions on the Internet but it may just be easier to take it to an AT&T store. Shouldn't cost anything if you're both current customers. 5 minute procedure.

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Yes, the SIM card contains the phone number.
    No, you can't "just" move the SIM because they are of different size. You can try cutting it down, but it would just be easier to go to AT&T and have them give you a new one that is smaller.

6. probablyhappy thread starter macrumors newbie

7. KPOM macrumors G5

You can get a new SIM for the iPhone 4 at an AT&T store. For that matter, you may be able to call AT&T over the phone and have them move his account over onto the SIM that is in your iPhone 4 (as that one was deactivated when you activated your new phone).

8. CatsTide macrumors 6502

No. It will only make him jealous and have him yearning for your 5.