Can I give my VZW iPhone 6 to my girlfriend for use on Sprint?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wborisenok, Sep 12, 2015.

1. wborisenok macrumors regular

wborisenok

I've researched and researched and researched some more but I can't seem to find a reliable answer. When I get my 6S, I'm hoping to give my Verizon iPhone 6 to my girlfriend. She is currently using an iPhone 5 on the Sprint Network. Some have said this is possible, others have said it's not. Could she take the SIM card from her iPhone 5 and put it in my iPhone 6? Should she keep the SIM card that's currently in my iPhone 6 and just contact Sprint to do the "bring your own device" thing?

Anyone with experience in this arena, please offer up some clarification. I'd love for her to be able to upgrade to my old device once I get my 6S.

2. campingsk8er macrumors 6502

I too would like to know. My friend that has sprint is offering me $550 for my 64gb 6 Plus if they can do it.

3. wborisenok thread starter macrumors regular

wborisenok

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I believe that thread is correct and you can do it. But it was a recent policy change so a lot of people may not know about it yet which is why you'll get conflicting responses about if you can do it or not.

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

She can bring it over. But she will need to get a new Sprint SIM. She CANNOT use the one from her 5. Both the Sprint 4s and 5 use an entirely different SIM than the 5c/5s/6/6+/6s/6s+.

Keep in mind that your Verizon phone does not have all of Sprint's LTE bands, so depending on location she may be in places where you have LTE but she does not.

Lastly, do not let anyone charge you for the new SIM. It's free. For this I would go to Sprint. Or you can order online.

If anyone you talk to has no idea what the *f* you're talking about, find another person. SIM cards are recent to Sprint and alot of CSRs are completely ignorant about them.

6. wborisenok thread starter macrumors regular

wborisenok

Great info, thanks!