Can I go back to AT&T after I canceled a new line?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Apollo 13, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

I canceled way before the 30 trial period just a few days ago. I have the Verizon Iphone 4 right now and my Family plan will cost about $195 with tax. Now that AT&T has unlimited Mobile to Mobile I want to resign but I don't know if it's possible. So is it possible to do?

2. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Asking AT&T is probably the best way to answer that question.

3. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

The time it took you to post the thread - you could have had an answer through ATT.

4. Apollo 13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

yeah that's true but I can't use phone since I'm at work.

5. FiremanMike macrumors regular

But you can use the internet?

6. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

You must be related to the guy who got denied an iPhone, but can't call Verizon because he is at work.

7. Jumpman2033 macrumors regular

ha!!!!

8. Apollo 13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I work behind a desk so yes.

9. vachargerfan macrumors regular

you can probably do an online chat session with them

10. Apollo 13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Not everyone works at fast food and can just jump on the phone at work. Where I work If I get on the phone for personal things I risk getting fired.

11. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Oh please. Like you can't get up and go to the bathroom, lunch break, etc.?

12. FiremanMike macrumors regular

Lol, gosh I wish my job was as neat as yours.

13. Apollo 13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

so I did a chat and they said they can reset my account. Now another question is do all the plans qualify for Mobile to Mobile to any network with a unlimited text message package?

14. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Um, excuse me, I work retail and have a receptionist job. I'm much more likely able to go on the phone at my receptionist job than my retail job. Even my job I had as a web editor at CNN.com I would have much more access to calling some company while at work than my current retail job. Shoot, I could peruse the internet when there wasn't a job to be done while I was at CNN. Retail? Nope, gotta look busy even if there isn't much to be done. And no way could I be posting on the internet or talking on a phone. That would be very unprofessional and when you are having to be out in the public under scrutiny, you can't do stuff like that even if there is free time.

Honestly, a lot of higher end jobs are slacker than retail jobs. It's just that retail jobs don't require much skills so more accessible to more people.

Sorry, but it's a pet peeve that people think retail is just slacker work. My CNN job was a lot slacker. And I had to put up with a lot less crap from people too! I only quit cause I moved states and CNN had no presence in the state I'm in now :(.

15. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

But you can use the internet for personal things? Interesting....

16. Richard A macrumors member

Guess you didn't think to ask, when you were chatting with AT&T.

The answer to your question is no, it needs to be a qualifying voice plan too. :)

"Beginning Thursday, Mobile to Any Mobile will be available to new and existing AT&T customers with a qualifying voice plan who subscribe to unlimited messaging plans. Existing customers with an unlimited messaging plan can activate Mobile to Any Mobile by visiting www.att.com/anymobile. The URL will be available beginning Thursday."

17. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Seriously. A place that cares that you are making a personal call or two while at work I would imagine would also frown on being on the internet posting on forums (basically I'd think the reason they cared is they did not want you doing personal stuff on their time. Therefore it wouldn't matter whether it was phone or computer).

Any place I worked that I could play on the internet too (and I mean my bosses didn't care as long as I did my job and didn't let it interfere), wouldn't care about me making a short personal call either. And the places that would (like my retail job this guy makes fun of) would be just as pissed at me for being on the computer.

I'm betting it's more it's easier to look like OP is working when OP's on the computer than when OP's on the phone.

18. Apollo 13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Not all jobs are the same remember that. Some are more strict then others. No point in arguing with me to get on my phone to call AT&T at work because it's not going to happen. You don't know nothing about what I do and what kind of **** I can get into if I even get on the phone. Next time read the whole thread before going on your little rant to see that I got in contact with them through their live chat. Hell just to post I have to use a program to log into my home PC to make post here; which a lot of us here do.

19. Apollo 13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks for the link that's all I needed to know.

20. tigress666 macrumors 68040

I'm not trying to get you to call AT&T.

I'm saying I disbelieve that your employers don't mind you surfing the web at work but mind you making personal calls. I am guessing it's more your employers don't notice as easily if you are surfing the web.

And... you're the one who even got me to commenting or thinking about it when you pretty much implied you didn't have a slacker job like some retail monkey cause obviously
    1. Being able to make a call at work implies it's a slacker job (no, it implies whether your boss minds you doing personal stuff while on the job. Some don't long as you are not slacking off on your work or letting it affect your work).
    2. And some how some one working retail can make personal calls while working (which really shows you being a lot more ignorance on some one else's job than what I showed. Cause, um, yeah... most retail jobs will even flat out put in their rules you are not even allowed to have your cellphone on you while on the sales floor. It's grounds for being fired).

You don't want to have people scrutinizing what you do at work while you post on the forum, don't post up ignorant statements like you did about people working fast food/retail (notice no one seemed to start wondering if you weren't "slacking off" yourself until you posted that).

21. 4Gis$ macrumors newbie

Dude **** he didn't say anything about your crummy retail job he said fast food. Also like he said you don't know anything about his work place.
    Anyways OP I did the same thing and had no problem so you should be fine.

22. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Oh come on, he pretty much meant some one working retail: McD's job/fast food when used in the context he did is synonomous with "low wage/not high skill set/retail job working with the public." He was pretty much trying to say his job was not as "slack" and required more work. Which may or may not be true but that doesn't mean a retail job requires little work cause obviously he can't make calls like we can (or at least like he thinks we can). Or that we have time to make personal calls... that's ludicrous and shows very little understanding of working fast food/retail. Don't mix up not needing much skills with not being a lot of work.

And I fail to see how some one in fast food can make calls while on the job (I'd say they probably have even less chance than I do in my particular store's field!).

And he knows even less about my work space or fast food work space (if we're being that specific) with the comment he made. It was a very snottish attitude he put out about how superior his job was and how people working those lower jobs are just slack-offs (I mean yeah, his job probably does pay higher, does require more skills and intelligence. But that doesn't make some one working retail a slack off or some one who doesn't have much work ethos. And honestly, not everyone can work retail, mainly cause not everyone can deal with the ***** people give you. My roommate is an aerospace engineer and he absolutely does not do well with retail, he does not have the patience for dealing with the public). He could at least use a more accurate thing to compare to (like a job that would let you make calls out. I'm absolutely sure people working fast food don't have time to make calls out while at work nor would their bosses let them even if they did!).

23. Apollo 13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

actually I did mean just fast food. I worked plenty of fast food jobs while I was younger and was able to make phone calls easy. You made my post sound "snottish" by putting words in my mouth that I didn't say. You just came up with a bunch of assumptions of what you think I meant when my post only said I don't work fast food. You must get put down a lot for you job so you must of went in defensive mode.

24. diegoesk macrumors regular

yes you can go back. I did it twice but ended up going the VZW route. Best choice I ever made!

Go to any ATT store and be sure to have your return receipt for your iPhone. Then let them know you had a change of heart and would like to re-instate your account.

if you wanna start back from scratch, I can show you how to get a 19% discount applied to your ATT account.

The only thing is that if you want original number your gonna need to park it somewhere (like google voice or on a boost mobile prepaid) in order for the trick to work.

PM ME.:D

25. Epic Xbox Revie macrumors 6502a

Epic Xbox Revie

You have 59 days after you terminate a contract early to reinstate it.