Can I go to the ATT store even though I just ordered my iPhone online?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 99MustangGTman, Jul 1, 2009.

1. 99MustangGTman macrumors 6502

So I just switched to ATT from Sprint and ordered a new phone for my mom and got myself an iPhone 3GS. A friend of mine who works at an ATT store told me I will get my iPhone quicker if I just order it straight from an ATT store in person. I was busy and didn't have time to stop by the store so I just placed my order online. My mom told me she wants to add another phone to our family talk plan for my dad. When I try to go online and register on the ATT site it says there is an error and won't let me register. Can I just go to the ATT store in person and add another phone to my plan and also get my iPhone through them?

2. joro macrumors 68020

joro

You should be able to add the extra line no problem; however, I think you will run into problems with your iPhone since you ordered it online. I believe you would have to cancel your online order – which AT&T hasn’t been willing to do on some orders – and then re-order through the store. I would tell you just to keep your order through the online you’ll probably get it the same day if not maybe 1-2 days later than you would have in the store without the hassle.

Enjoy!

3. 99MustangGTman thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh alrighty, thanks for the reply. Maybe once the order processes I will be able to access my account online and just add another phone to the plan that way. I'm just too excited to get the phone, I want it now!

4. joro macrumors 68020

joro

I understand, it’s always exciting to have a new gadget! :)

5. thor79 macrumors 6502

thor79

Not to mention a lot of AT&T stores are pretty much only doing direct fulfillment...and have no versions of the 3GS in stock. Just like last year...except this year I'm forced to go to AT&T to avoid paying full price...:mad: