Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swoosh0217

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2007
NW
I'm running a 1.0.2 firmware and my phone is unlocked but I want to upgrade to 1.1.1 and in order to do that I know I have to "Virginize" my phone. Before I can "Virginize" my phone I know I have to have the installer first (APPSNAPP) through jailbreakme.com

Can I download APPSNAPP using 1.0.2 in order to Virginize my phone? I know its possible but I just wanted to make sure before I start downloading the application.

swoosh0217

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2007
NW
wow you guys have been really helpful comes to show how nice this forum is. Really nice!

VenomousSVT

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
i looked around for the same answer and everyone seems to be hung up on 1.1.2... I wanted to know about my stock 1.1.1 phone as well and no one would tell me if I needed to do anything.

I took a chance and just went to the site on mt 1.1.1 and it worked.

As for the 1.0.2 all I found was old crap that had been posted ages ago and to me seemed like would be out of date. I did find one location that said if you update the phone to 1.1.1 you can just go to jailbreakme and do the jailbreak. I dont know the relevance of this so i would get more advice than just me before doing it though.

polishmacuser

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2007
Los Angeles
ok in order to jailbreak go to google type in Apptapp jailbreak through there then revirginize update,unlock and your done. 1.0.2 is the easiest to jailbreak so far lol

VenomousSVT

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
ok in order to jailbreak go to google type in Apptapp jailbreak through there then revirginize update,unlock and your done. 1.0.2 is the easiest to jailbreak so far lol

i thought my 1.1.1 was easy.. i just went to jailbreak me and click install... i was done in a matter of seconds.. i didnt even have to google anything

firstapple

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007
I am not totally positive, as it has been forever since I have even had 1.0.2, but doesn't ibrickr work for this (at least for windows)? Not certain about for macs, since at tghe time I had 1.0.2 I was using a windows computer.

I would say try and find 1.1.1, download that and get that on your phone, then follow the guides on here for jailbreakme.com and then doing what you need to do to get to 1.1.2. This is however not going to work if you want to "unlock" your phone. But if you just want to jailbreak an AT&T phone and want to get up to speed with 1.1.2, feel free to private message me and I can try and help.

swoosh0217

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2007
NW
when I try to download apptapp, its says safari cant download this file on my phone What am i doing wrong?

brandoncarr

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2007
Downloads:

Jailbreak Support
iBrickr 0.91

*note* this guide is for iTunes-activated iPhones
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ITUNES VERSION 7.4.2 TO DO THIS

If you currently run 1.1.1 firmware you can completely skip step 1

1: Downgrading from 1.1.2 firmware to 1.1.1:
download the firmware 1.1.1 from this link and save it to your desktop.
link for iPod Touch users:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K909GYMS

link for iPhone users:
http://modmyifone.com/forums/downloa...o=file&id=1355

to apply the firmware, connect your iphone/ipod to itunes. once it shows up, hold the shift key down while you click "update". dont let go of shift untill a box comes up that lets you find a firmware in your computer. locate where you downloaded it to and select that. your iphone/ipod will now go through the updating process and once finished, you will get an error saying the update was unsucessful for an unknown reason, thats normal just ignore it and look at your iphone. it wants you to connect to itunes but ignore that too. to get it out of this stuck mode leave your iphone connected and open iBrickr

(http://ibrickr.com/downloads/ibrickr_v0.91.zip)

it will say your iphone is in recovery mode and ask you if you want to boot it click that and your iphone screen will go red, this is normal just wait. eventually your phone will unlock and be just normal. you have just downgraded your iphone!!!

2: Reactivation:

to reactivate your phone, you need to jailbreak it first. using safari on your phone, connect to a WIFI connection and visit this website "www.jailbreakme.com" tap "install appsnap" and it will install and your phone is now jailbroken. when you look at your springboard you will have an icon called installer, tap that and go straight to install and find the category called "tweaks 1.1.1" and tap on "OkToPrep" install it by tapping install on the top right and you will get a message saying you can now update to 1.1.2.

connect to itunes and click check for updates normally and let it update to 1.1.2 as you would normally and when your done your phone will be 1.1.2 and activated again.

3: Jailbreaking 1.1.2:
to complete the jailbreak on 1.1.2 download the jailbreak pack: http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/1.1.2-jailbreak.zip

download that and it unzip all the files onto your desktop. press control+alt+delete and click the processes tab to view all processes. close all processes that have to do with itunes. now, open the one called "jailbreak.jar" and it will have a button to click that says "Jailbreak!" click that and it will do the work for you. this can take a few minutes, so be patient. at the end it will automatically restart your phone and then your done, you now have a fully jailbroken 1.1.2 iphone.

Good Luck!

Thanks to Dev Team!

-brandoN^-

VenomousSVT

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Downloads:

Jailbreak Support
iBrickr 0.91

*note* this guide is for iTunes-activated iPhones
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ITUNES VERSION 7.4.2 TO DO THIS

If you currently run 1.1.1 firmware you can completely skip step 1

1: Downgrading from 1.1.2 firmware to 1.1.1:
download the firmware 1.1.1 from this link and save it to your desktop.
link for iPod Touch users:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K909GYMS

link for iPhone users:
http://modmyifone.com/forums/downloa...o=file&id=1355

to apply the firmware, connect your iphone/ipod to itunes. once it shows up, hold the shift key down while you click "update". dont let go of shift untill a box comes up that lets you find a firmware in your computer. locate where you downloaded it to and select that. your iphone/ipod will now go through the updating process and once finished, you will get an error saying the update was unsucessful for an unknown reason, thats normal just ignore it and look at your iphone. it wants you to connect to itunes but ignore that too. to get it out of this stuck mode leave your iphone connected and open iBrickr

(http://ibrickr.com/downloads/ibrickr_v0.91.zip)

it will say your iphone is in recovery mode and ask you if you want to boot it click that and your iphone screen will go red, this is normal just wait. eventually your phone will unlock and be just normal. you have just downgraded your iphone!!!

2: Reactivation:

to reactivate your phone, you need to jailbreak it first. using safari on your phone, connect to a WIFI connection and visit this website "www.jailbreakme.com" tap "install appsnap" and it will install and your phone is now jailbroken. when you look at your springboard you will have an icon called installer, tap that and go straight to install and find the category called "tweaks 1.1.1" and tap on "OkToPrep" install it by tapping install on the top right and you will get a message saying you can now update to 1.1.2.

connect to itunes and click check for updates normally and let it update to 1.1.2 as you would normally and when your done your phone will be 1.1.2 and activated again.

3: Jailbreaking 1.1.2:
to complete the jailbreak on 1.1.2 download the jailbreak pack: http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/1.1.2-jailbreak.zip

download that and it unzip all the files onto your desktop. press control+alt+delete and click the processes tab to view all processes. close all processes that have to do with itunes. now, open the one called "jailbreak.jar" and it will have a button to click that says "Jailbreak!" click that and it will do the work for you. this can take a few minutes, so be patient. at the end it will automatically restart your phone and then your done, you now have a fully jailbroken 1.1.2 iphone.

Good Luck!

Thanks to Dev Team!

-brandoN^-

one quick question about step 2.

I have a 1.1.1 OTB and it has been jailbroken for a few weeks now. It has already been loaded with a few 3rd party apps. Do I need to restore it and rekailbreak it as 1.1.1 before doing the 1.1.2 update or can I just finish the upgrade and rejailbreak without having to uninstall anything else

brando88

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2007
one quick question about step 2.

I have a 1.1.1 OTB and it has been jailbroken for a few weeks now. It has already been loaded with a few 3rd party apps. Do I need to restore it and rekailbreak it as 1.1.1 before doing the 1.1.2 update or can I just finish the upgrade and rejailbreak without having to uninstall anything else

Are you serious...?

First of all it had been recongnized by the iPhone/iPod Touch hacking community, and Nullriver that the jailbreak process for Firmware 1.1.1 is the easiest and fastest.

Secondly, If you are running on version 1.1.1, which personally I don't think that you are, the only reason that the "jailbreakme.com" wouldn't work, would be that you patched the TIFF exploit by either already installing AppSnapp with jailbreakme.com or you downloaded the patch through the installer.

Thirdly, Follow the directions for updating to 1.1.2, as all of the iPhone apps being patched to work with 1.1.2. Im sorry but 1.0.2 has been outdated for way to long, and does not support everything in a stable way.

And don't ask stupid questions!

From 1.1.1 with "OKtoPrep" there is NO NEED to re-downgrade, and re-jailbreak!!!!

VenomousSVT

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Are you serious...?

First of all it had been recongnized by the iPhone/iPod Touch hacking community, and Nullriver that the jailbreak process for Firmware 1.1.1 is the easiest and fastest.

Secondly, If you are running on version 1.1.1, which personally I don't think that you are, the only reason that the "jailbreakme.com" wouldn't work, would be that you patched the TIFF exploit by either already installing AppSnapp with jailbreakme.com or you downloaded the patch through the installer.

Thirdly, Follow the directions for updating to 1.1.2, as all of the iPhone apps being patched to work with 1.1.2. Im sorry but 1.0.2 has been outdated for way to long, and does not support everything in a stable way.

And don't ask stupid questions!

From 1.1.1 with "OKtoPrep" there is NO NEED to re-downgrade, and re-jailbreak!!!!

dont be a jackass!!

i didnt ask stupid questions, but you didn answer questions that I did not ask.

I NEVER said jailbreakme.com didnt work... I have no clue what your talking about there.. dont give stupid answers to someone that didnt ask a question

second, my phone, until 2 hours ago right after I posted this, was a 1.1.1 OTB. I bought the phone 2 weeks ago and even made a psot about being excited about being a 1.1.1. Every tutorial about jailbreaking a phone is revolving around doing the current 1.1.2 models. Seeing how 95% of all people arent on 1.1.1 anymore, the discussion about doing it were hard to find. I didnt want to take the chance on bricking mine without some simple advice from someone, which is why I also posted a thread about that here as well.

and I am not sure why yoy think that I would upgrade and redowngrade, my phone. Apparently the only one stupid enough to even think that may be considered is you.

OWN3D

try and not be such a dick next time, this is an open forum here to answer questions that people may have about their phones and or hacking. Maybe after you graduate middle school and grow up a little bit you will understand it doesnt make you cool to try and put someone in their place.....especially when it was you that looked like the fool

swoosh0217

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2007
NW
Some jackass! See, I think he was pertaining to both of us and made it into one jackass paragraph!

Yes, I admit i'm a noob and thats why there is forums like this so then noobs like me can ask question about our iphones. nothing wrong with being a noob. Oh and by the way, I just jailbreak my phone using apptapp on a 1.0.2 firmware and "revirginize it" and upgraded to 1.1.1 and unlock it again. Installed 3rd party apps and I currently have the Summerboard Phiberglass theme with ants crawling on my iphone screen. What a noob huh?!?!

Thanks to http://www.modmyifone.com and got a little bit more information there (nice peeps) and not that I dishlike this forum. i just don't like jackass like you trolling around this forum.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
The thing is if you search the threads on MR, there are at least 10 people who asked the same thing. Every day dozens of threads on iPhone hacking basically asks the same questions all over again because people somehow don't know how to search and read the existing threads.

swoosh0217

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2007
NW
I understand... That doesn't mean you have to be a jackass and be rude about it. it's very simple, either you answer or ignore it. I'ved answered some of the noobs questions here without having an attitude.

VenomousSVT

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
no need to make excuses, i get more help over at modmyifon as well...

its not that arent good people here, its just that there is a plethora of children here apparently

brando88

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2007
you win

You two win, I shouldn't have been as harsh as I was, and for that I apologize.

But the consultant is correct in saying that repetitive posts like this are unnecessary and disliked. You really should search before asking questions, because nine times out of ten, its already been asked and answered.

So with that... Stop being so lazy.

VenomousSVT

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
You two win, I shouldn't have been as harsh as I was, and for that I apologize.

But the consultant is correct in saying that repetitive posts like this are unnecessary and disliked. You really should search before asking questions, because nine times out of ten, its already been asked and answered.

So with that... Stop being so lazy.

fair enough

EuroKid87

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2007
Dont want to get into this whole noob arguement and who knows what better, But I do have a few questions. I got a Iphone from a friend of mine and the phone is still locked and says activate iphone connect to itunes with the globe pictured. How do I go about activating this phone with my current T mobile account?

I was searching online and I found what looked like a good youtube video but its outdated and the fireware was 1.0.2. My question is which fireware should I install on my phone? The 1.1.1? or the 1.1.2? The only difference is that the 2 is faster and you cant deunlock it?

Can someone just give me some brief steps and explain what has to be done. Also the links to the downloads would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.