Can I JB my 3GS 3.1.3 with 05.12.01 via jailbreakme.com?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by chiefroastbeef, Aug 17, 2010.

1. chiefroastbeef macrumors 6502a

Hello guys,

I tried searching, but haven't found anything useful yet.

I've jailbroken my family's 2G, and 3G phones without a problem. From with the baseband lock nowadays I want to double check with your experts before I try anything.

I've been waiting a long time to unlock my father's AT&T 3GS, he bought it without realizing it couldn't be unlocked due to the baseband for use in Hong Kong. So we waited for months, and now that jailbreakme.com is up and running, I would like to try to JB the locked iphone now.

So will I be abled to jb the 3GS, 3.1.3, 05.12.01 through jailbreakme.com? And according to what I've read, use ultrasnow to unlock?

Any input it greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

2. Badfoot macrumors 6502

Try it, you can always restore if it doesn't work. You may need to update to 4.0.1 NOT the lastest 4.0.2. Threads here suggest this upgrade is still possible. I did just this to my 3gs and it worked fine.

3. chiefroastbeef thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks badfoot, as I understand it, I can still find 4.0.1 somewhere online?

Do you have same baseband as mine? Did you get it unlocked as well?

I appreciate your comment!

4. macattack87 macrumors member

i dont think jailbreakme.com works with anything under ios 4.0

5. anthdci macrumors 6502

incorrect, jailbreakme.com works with all iOS devices (excluding those on 4.0.2) it is a security vulnerability that is being exploited that is present in all previous versions.

6. tivoboy macrumors 68030

baseband

How can one figure out which baseband version a 3GS with 3.1.3 has, without doing all the ssh hacking and PC attaching as listed around the web? I'd like to do a USA AT&T 3gs, with 3.1.3 using jbme.com

7. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

The baseband of your 3GS is not relevant to the JB it is only relevant to an unlock. The Firmware 3.1.3 can be JB with jailbreakme.com. You probably have baseband 5.12.1 which you can check under settings on the phone. I think you might be mixing up baseband and Bootrom which takes a little more work to find but is not relevant in this case either. If you want to UL the phone you can unlock with Ultrasn0w up to and including baseband 5.13

8. tivoboy macrumors 68030

thanks you sir (or maam!)

9. chiefroastbeef thread starter macrumors 6502a

My 3GS, 3.1.3, 05.12.01 iPhone is now jailbroken and unlocked, I didn't have to upgrade t ios 4 either.

Thank you all for your wonderful help, the At&t iPhone now works with my father's Hong Kong sim cards.

Thank you again!

10. RealWild macrumors newbie

I have 3gs with the same options,and i want to jb and unlock it, too. But I have no clue how to start... Could anyone explain it stap by step?? pleaseee!!! :eek:

11. tivoboy macrumors 68030

it should be clear

It should be pretty clear from so many of the posts and videos, but.

1) Backup your iphone on itunes, this will be needed for a restore.
    2) reboot your phone
    2a) probably best to be on wifi
    3) open up Safari on your phone
    4) type in the url jailbreakme.com
    5) slide to jailbreak
    6) wait about 3-5 minutes
    7) phone will reboot
    8) enjoy

12. RealWild macrumors newbie