can i just Sync my new 32gb touch to my orignal itunes that i had with my 8gb touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jrok18, Sep 15, 2008.

1. jrok18 macrumors regular

Im one of those people that can never wait for anything so i went ahead and bought a new 32gb touch from apple and i don't know if im regretting it yet. Why bc i didn't buy the apple care so if something happens im Effed and i never called Costco to see if they have it in so that's why i don't know if im regretting buying it right away. O and i still haven't gotten itunes 8 to snc my 8gb stuff yet bc of the mobile device bull crap. Anyways if i connect my new touch to my computer will in automatically snc my old 8 gb stuff to it that is if i get it working again ? Thanks

2. angels lust macrumors member

I'm pretty sure you can always buy Applecare extended warranty within the first year your iPod is covered. But I'm not sure, I always buy Applecare with my iPod purchase on day 1.

And I usually have buyers remorse (if only a little bit) when spending over $100 on any item. That feeling of money leaving your bank account is never a good one, but once you hold one you'll be glad you did. I don't regret buying it at all, as I know I will be using it a lot. It's just an awesome device to use.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Regarding Apple Care: You Automatically get one year from purchase for hardware coverage. The extra that they sell is for another year or two of coverage.

As for syncing: Just plug it in and get going. I do believe that the new touches do require iTunes 8.

TEG

4. jrok18 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks yea i know it requires itunes 8 which sucks bc i cant get that working . So your saying i have a year to get apple care protection? And what does that cover? Cracks?

5. angels lust macrumors member

Covers everything except accidental damage.

And I'm not too sure but the one year thing. I'd ask around more about that.

6. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Except accidental damage?
    How can it not be accidental?
    So it covers purposely caused damage?

7. angels lust macrumors member

Yeah I hate it when I purposely cause my iPod to drop onto the sidewalk.

8. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Yepp.
    Or when I purposely drop my brand new iPod in the toilet.
    Or purposely crash the hard drive just for the heck of it.
    Man oh man, it's a pain when stuff like that happens.

9. jrok18 thread starter macrumors regular

Hey guys i just returned my screen protector(people said it didn't fit right on the 2g) and it was on the same receipt as the ipod touch 2g i bought today and the woman forgot to give me the receipt back(i forgot about it). So if i decide to return it in 30 days i don't have a receipt what should i do then? Next when i return the screen film i also purchase a apple care protection plan . I'm a little confused now . I thought apple care was just like a 2 year warranty but why they give me a box? I haven't opened it yet. Thanks

10. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

Be more careful next time.

11. jrok18 thread starter macrumors regular

Cant they just scan the box and my name shows up on the computer? BTW i still cant get the touch out of the box why'd they have to make it so difficult ?