Can I just walk in and buy an iphone5 in Durham?

TheNorthWaves

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 13, 2007
USA
Guys, I've been waiting for all of the buzz to die down. There are 2 or 3 ATT stores and an Apple store in Durham NC. Let's say I want a 32/64 black. Any chance I could walk in and buy one, or do I need to wait another couple of weeks?

hkfan24

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
Seriously man just call the stores to get accurate stock levels. It's your best bet

ncstatered21

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2010
Guys, I've been waiting for all of the buzz to die down. There are 2 or 3 ATT stores and an Apple store in Durham NC. Let's say I want a 32/64 black. Any chance I could walk in and buy one, or do I need to wait another couple of weeks?
I live in the RTP area and am headed back that way on Saturday (at school). I called Apple at Crabtree and they say they haven't gotten ANY more shipments of ip5's since launch.

Also talked to a Verizon guy in Cary and he said from what he has heard there are NONE in the area.

I saw that the Radioshack at Crossroads in cary had a 32gb white. I would try Radioshack in your area.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Didn't know Durham had its own Apple Store. Thought the only one in the Triangle Area was at Crabtree. Is it new?
No, the one in Southpoint has been there a very long time. I remember watching the unveiling of Expose there back when they'd broadcast keynotes in-store. Everyone ooed and ahhed over that, haha.

TheNorthWaves

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 13, 2007
USA
best buy mobile in chapel hill has 32gb white AT&T models. I'm pretty set on a black. Literally everything else I've tried in CH/Durham is sold out, I verified this by walking in at the Apple store at Southpoint. They were turning me and a lot of other people away. I guess I'll see what the apple store has at 10pm tonight.

richmds

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2012
Of course your in America you can walk in and buy anything.
I cant comment about the wait time though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.