Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
Hi, I own a apple TV and use streaming to place my movies on to my apple tv and I think I would have a problem if I try to sync the same movies to the ipod. Also I used 2500 bit rate for the apple tv for my HD tv and the ipod only needs like 1000 bit rate so I would like to have 2 sets of itunes. Is this possible? How could I do this? Any ideas?

txhockey9404

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2008
On a Mac, hold down Option while opening iTunes and choose create a new library. Then, name it something other than your other iTunes Library so you aren't confused. Copy all your music into it.

On a PC, follow those same directions but hold down Shift instead of Option.

This will, however, create two copies of your iTunes library files, causing duplicate large files. A better and more efficient way may be to put both copies of a movie into your library and manually manage your songs and videos on both your Apple TV and iPod touch. This is the most space efficient way I know of, and you can quickly add music to the touch without having to copy it from the other library.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.