Can I load a lot of webpages at home (wifi) and read them on the go ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by FrenchPB, Aug 10, 2011.

1. FrenchPB macrumors 6502

Hey all,

Big question for me as it would totally change the way I look at the ipad : is it possible to load a lot of webpages at home, while connected on your wifi network, and then read them on the go ?

Basically, I have a one-hour commute to go to work everyday, and I use that time to read a lot of articles on my iphone. However, since work will give me a blackberry, I was thinking that maybe I could drop my iphone and its expensive monthly fee for an ipad.

Before leaving home, I'd like to load a lot of articles on my ipad (rss feeds, websites on several safari tabs, ...), and then read them on the go.

Is that even possible ? With my current iphone 3G, everytime I load a webpage and come back to it a littlbe bit later, safari will reload the webpage again. If the ipad does the same, it will be of no use for me.

Thanks for your help.

2. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

3. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

If using safari it's a big NO! It will try to load the page when you will lick on the tab again!

4. LanEvo, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2011

LanEvo macrumors 6502

This may be against the actual forum itself, but have you considered the Blackberry Playbook? It has the tether feature built in to have wireless access from your phone, Bridge feature specifically made for Blackberry phones. I am typing this from the PB right now, I love this thing for its size, perfect for carrying around.

5. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

I also recommend Read It Later. There are also quite a few RSS apps that can store your articles to read offline.

6. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

I think google chrome allows you to do this (if you leave all the tabs and browser open) or read it later is a good option

7. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

For this I use Instapaper

Amazing app that has changed the way I use my iPad and iPhone