Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

falconman515

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 8, 2010
I have heard you need a credit card to pre-order through Apple.com, I know its about a 85% dumb question cause I'm almost sure you can but even though I have a Bank of America Dedit card that's directly tied to my checking account but I can still use it as a Visa card (I always have the option of either or for purchases) since it has the Visa logo............

Can I use this card to place my Pre-Order on Apple.com Tuesday morning?

thanks for the info guys! :)

pound4pound30

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2009
I have heard you need a credit card to pre-order through Apple.com, I know its about a 85% dumb question cause I'm almost sure you can but even though I have a Bank of America Dedit card that's directly tied to my checking account but I can still use it as a Visa card (I always have the option of either or for purchases) since it has the Visa logo............

Can I use this card to place my Pre-Order on Apple.com Tuesday morning?

thanks for the info guys! :)

you sure can

Tara Luvs Apple

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2008
Yes, you can.

By the way, the only thing that makes this a dumb question is the fact that it has been answered on this board a lot!! :)

falconman515

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 8, 2010
Yes, you can.

By the way, the only thing that makes this a dumb question is the fact that it has been answered on this board a lot!! :)

Sorry about that... I've seen 2 threads but with conflicting replies.... just figured after a couple days and haven't seen it asked again that I would throw it in there and just get a YES FOR SURE.

Just wanting to make sure ALL of my bases sure covered for Monday morning.

thanks so much guys

Tara Luvs Apple

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2008
Sorry about that... I've seen 2 threads but with conflicting replies.... just figured after a couple days and haven't seen it asked again that I would throw it in there and just get a YES FOR SURE.

Just wanting to make sure ALL of my bases sure covered for Monday morning.

thanks so much guys

I think that a lot of the problems are arising with AT&T and Apple (well, not really Apple) not telling us anything. Therefore, people are left wondering and come on here. Not your fault!

AT&T stated in a press release that debit cards are not accepted. However, I think they were talking about actual debit cards that are required for ATM machines (no logo). Nowadays, those are not as widely used as they used to be. Everyone has a debit card, but it can also function as a credit card. Thus, when AT&T says debit cards, people are thinking the cards with the logo. :)

falconman515

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 8, 2010
I think that a lot of the problems are arising with AT&T and Apple (well, not really Apple) not telling us anything. Therefore, people are left wondering and come on here. Not your fault!

AT&T stated in a press release that debit cards are not accepted. However, I think they were talking about actual debit cards that are required for ATM machines (no logo). Nowadays, those are not as widely used as they used to be. Everyone has a debit card, but it can also function as a credit card. Thus, when AT&T says debit cards, people are thinking the cards with the logo. :)

Ya that's my concern...I'm sure we will all be fine as long as there is a visa/mastercard logo but I thought maybe someone who had pre-ordered say last year through apple maybe used the same kind of card that could confirm that "yes I did use this kind of card and it went through fine" you know.

I'll cross my fingers and find out I guess.

wingnut8

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2007
I used my Visa debit for the iPad preorder. It runs as a credit card so you're fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.