Can I Pre-Order From Apple.com with A Bank Debit Card with the Visa Logo?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by falconman515, Jun 12, 2010.

1. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

I have heard you need a credit card to pre-order through Apple.com, I know its about a 85% dumb question cause I'm almost sure you can but even though I have a Bank of America Dedit card that's directly tied to my checking account but I can still use it as a Visa card (I always have the option of either or for purchases) since it has the Visa logo............

Can I use this card to place my Pre-Order on Apple.com Tuesday morning?

thanks for the info guys! :)

2. pound4pound30 macrumors 6502

pound4pound30

you sure can

3. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

Yes, you can.

By the way, the only thing that makes this a dumb question is the fact that it has been answered on this board a lot!! :)

4. falconman515 thread starter macrumors 6502a

falconman515

Sorry about that... I've seen 2 threads but with conflicting replies.... just figured after a couple days and haven't seen it asked again that I would throw it in there and just get a YES FOR SURE.

Just wanting to make sure ALL of my bases sure covered for Monday morning.

thanks so much guys

5. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

I think that a lot of the problems are arising with AT&T and Apple (well, not really Apple) not telling us anything. Therefore, people are left wondering and come on here. Not your fault!

AT&T stated in a press release that debit cards are not accepted. However, I think they were talking about actual debit cards that are required for ATM machines (no logo). Nowadays, those are not as widely used as they used to be. Everyone has a debit card, but it can also function as a credit card. Thus, when AT&T says debit cards, people are thinking the cards with the logo. :)

6. falconman515 thread starter macrumors 6502a

falconman515

Ya that's my concern...I'm sure we will all be fine as long as there is a visa/mastercard logo but I thought maybe someone who had pre-ordered say last year through apple maybe used the same kind of card that could confirm that "yes I did use this kind of card and it went through fine" you know.

I'll cross my fingers and find out I guess.

7. cloroxbleach4 macrumors 6502a

cloroxbleach4

8. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

I used my Visa debit for the iPad preorder. It runs as a credit card so you're fine.