Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluedream11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2013
Is there a way to hide any jail breaking apps from the icons on my front screen of my iPhone? (cydia-and not sure if a "jailbreak" from envasi0n appears up front also)

Also what is cydia anyway? Is it a alternative to the app store icon on my front screen of my phone? Can I no longer use the app store to download apps after I jailbreak it? Do you have to use only cydia to download apps after the jailbreak?

Thank you in advance for anyone who takes the time to respond :)
My mother just recently bought me my iphone and told me if i jailbreak my phone then she is going to take it! She does NOT fully understand why jailbreaking is popular and just believes that it is going to automatically ruin the iphone or any warranties she bought. *sigh* I havent jailbroken it yet...but i still want too if i can get away with it ;) lol

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Cydia is the 'app-store' for jailbreak tweaks and apps and function independently from the apple app store, you can use both.

Yes you can hide apps on your springboard, either by installing sbsettings from cydia or installing poof! from cydia, some other jailbreak apps can do that aswell.

Make sure that you DON'T delete Cydia, get it back isn't easy

bluedream11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2013
Cydia is the 'app-store' for jailbreak tweaks and apps and function independently from the apple app store, you can use both.

Yes you can hide apps on your springboard, either by installing sbsettings from cydia or installing poof! from cydia, some other jailbreak apps can do that aswell.

Make sure that you DON'T delete Cydia, get it back isn't easy

Thank you that was all I needed! :))

dextr3k

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2012
Well, I understand not understanding jailbreaking, and I encourage you to read more on it.

but
1) if you don't know what jailbreaking is, why do you want it?
20 if your mom doesnt know what jailbreaking is, why would she recognize cydia?

I think you might be getting ahead of yourself....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.