Can I run itunes from two different hard drives, one for music and one for movies?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iHannah, Mar 11, 2011.

1. iHannah macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I could not find a current thread on this so here goes.

I have a macbook pro 250gb and i have about 70gb worth of music and i am a design student, so i have the adobe suite and many large documents thus my hard drive is very nearly full.
    I have everything stored and/or backed up on an external 1TB hard drive including some movies and TV shows however i cannot afford to put these files on my macintosh HD as they take up too much space.

SO, my question is, can i make my music run through my mac HD as normal, AND also run my tv shows and movies thorugh itunes from my 1TB?

i know how to do this through preferences but usually you can only run the itunes library as a whole through one hard drive, not pick out various media for different HD's

many thanks in advance :)

2. iHannah thread starter macrumors newbie

hi sorry im pretty new to this and i searched to the best of my ability but did not find any exact solutions. thank you anyway

3. danny_w macrumors 601

4. iHannah thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you very much for the reply and i will follow these instructions :) sorry to have started a new thread

5. Charlie Sheen macrumors 6502

Charlie Sheen

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Check out my signature for the secret tool!