Can I sell Genuine Apple Ram that came with my Late 2012 iMac?

Elektrikz

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 27, 2013
Hello,

Recently upgraded the Ram on my late 2012 iMac to 16GB...

I am now left with the original Ram 8GB.

is it worth much or worth keeping?

Regards

Ak907Freerider

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2012
Hello,

Recently upgraded the Ram on my late 2012 iMac to 16GB...

I am now left with the original Ram 8GB.

is it worth much or worth keeping?

Regards
Why not leave it in the iMac assuming your bought 2 8gb sticks. This would give you 24gb of ram and will work great.

Elektrikz

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 27, 2013
Why not leave it in the iMac assuming your bought 2 8gb sticks. This would give you 24gb of ram and will work great.
haha I am so stupid i did not even think of this!!!

So everything will be ok if i add the genuine Apple Ram inside with the Crucial yeah?

Ak907Freerider

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2012
Yep will run fine. No reason to sell less you want to make up cost of the 16gb. I would rock the 24gb until I was ready to go full 32gb.

Elektrikz

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 27, 2013
Do you mean "physically" clean it? If so, I use eyeglass cleaning solution (not Windex) that I get from my optician. The stuff comes in a little spray bottle and only costs about $2 to $3 for an 8oz container. This isn't the brand I use, but it's similar. A couple of sprays and a wipe down with a soft, lint-free cloth and you're good.
Well I meant cleaning the actual system so it runs at peak performance but yeah also cleaning the screen as the dam thing attracts dust like crazy!

Nyy8

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2011
New England
Well I meant cleaning the actual system so it runs at peak performance but yeah also cleaning the screen as the dam thing attracts dust like crazy!
Macs don't usually require regular maintenance, If you want you can go do some spring cleaning if your hard drive is somewhat full. But other then that, just enjoy it!

Last edited:

Nismo73

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2013
Didn't you get a black cleaning cloth for the screen with the computer?