Can i sell my iphone on craiglist this way ????

ipadplus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2014
i have a question , i gotta sell my iphone on craiglist , let say 4 person email to me wanna buy that phone , how to deal it , can i tell them all 4 come to meet me or i only pick 1 to deal with ????

thanks ..........................................:D:D:D:D:D

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
It's Craigslist, you can do whatever you want.

I'd suggest asking a couple questions to determine which person you're most comfortable meeting with, and then just meeting that one.

Last edited:

techspin

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2014
You should meet them all at the same place at once to maximize your chances of being beat up and having your phone stolen.

Ramio

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2011
Houston, TeXas
If you end up meeting the 4 at the same time, make sure you meet them between a police station and a hospital because you'll end up needing both.

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
i have a question , i gotta sell my iphone on craiglist , let say 4 person email to me wanna buy that phone , how to deal it , can i tell them all 4 come to meet me or i only pick 1 to deal with ????

It's Craig's list. There are no rules, or rather you make the rules. Why would you tell all four to meet you when you only have one phone. That's just plane stupid.

TruckdriverSean

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2009
Texas, US
1) Tell all 4 to show up.

2) Provide blunt weapons and tell them the winner can buy the phone.

3) Profit? #

-----------------------------------------------------
Actually, don't be a @!(&

Just pick one and meet.

1) Starbucks or bank lobby (people, cameras, limited exit to discourage runners, and depending on location.. Guns)

2) cash only

3) friend by the exit door (may not be needed at bank)

Do not ship, take checks, meet in the park, go to his car to get the money, etc.

Atomic Walrus

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2012

ipadplus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2014
Nice. Which capacity was it and unlocked?
16 gb space grey yo....:D

----------

1) Tell all 4 to show up.

2) Provide blunt weapons and tell them the winner can buy the phone.

3) Profit? #

-----------------------------------------------------
Actually, don't be a @!(&

Just pick one and meet.

1) Starbucks or bank lobby (people, cameras, limited exit to discourage runners, and depending on location.. Guns)

2) cash only

3) friend by the exit door (may not be needed at bank)

Do not ship, take checks, meet in the park, go to his car to get the money, etc.

can i tell they come to a MALL ... those mall has camera inside ,

TruckdriverSean

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2009
Texas, US
16 gb space grey yo....:D

----------

can i tell they come to a MALL ... those mall has camera inside ,
I wouldn't use a mall or any open place due to the risk of runners. Also, most people inside a mall are fairly oblivious to anything happening outside of arms distance.

Bank lobby's also have another advantage for buyers and sellers alike: no cash carrying target.

Buyer can go to meet you without walking around with $$$$. Just his/her debit card.

Seller can go to teller after sale and leave the same way.

dfran1

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2008
Pick one and meet at thier phone carrier
Walk in with them and stay till activated, so you and they know nothing is wrong Also they pay you just before you both walk in

ipadplus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2014
i think a mall is safe
camera all around

after done i walk away around a mall
who knew where i park my car

is that ok ????

TruckdriverSean

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2009
Texas, US
Exactly! Because we all know that criminals don't use guns in places where they aren't allowed!
Lol. Yes, criminals are criminals. Thats why I have a Texas license for a car, and a Texas license for my Kahr.:)

Nothing can guarantee safety, certainly not to the 100% threshold we would like it to be. All we can do is lower the chances.

Malls are open, have lots of places for people to run (after giving you an unexpected right hook, for example) and while they have cameras, these are generally mounted very high up, have piss-poor coverage, and get "watched" and "maintained" by minimum wage teens if at all.

Banks generally have better cameras, with better coverage, and staff will tend to pay attention to people who walk into the lobby, sit down and start looking around. They also have more ways to set off silent alarms than you have fingers and toes, so there's that.

What this means is that a would-be robber, armed or of the smack and grab type, would be more likely to pass on that meeting than for a meeting with an easy mark who will meet him in a store parking lot. Again, not a guarantee, just a likelihood.

A mall would be better than said parking lot, but not by much.

doxielover

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2011
CA
A Bank to make sure their money is real and is safe with all the cameras. A target cafe they usually have a security guard near entrance and a camera as you walk in or out. If you look up you see yourself on the screen. Under a camera sign in the Target parking lot. Police dept lobby. Cops allow it in my city.

----------

Nah, dark alley and make a lot of sudden movements. :rolleyes:
Would never do it at a Walmart too many thugs and robberies there. Good chance of a take and run. Usually busy so robber would blend in with the crowd.

----------

Maybe inside a post office? Lots of cameras inside there.

lke

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2009

Let say that 100 people ask for your phone, or what about 1000? You can charge $1 dollar to see your iphone. Could you imagine? :rolleyes:

It is the same with a house, a car, or anything. Few People will ask you and not all are going to be interested.

Don't trust too much about people and always choose a public place not your home to show your iphone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.