Can i sell the verizon iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bholaladka, Sep 25, 2012.

1. bholaladka macrumors regular

So, I got verizon iphone 5 on 9/21 and I don't want it. Can I sell it? Or, do I have to return it to Verizon? What will verizon charge me?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You can sell it if you wish. You'll still be locked in a contract.

3. bholaladka thread starter macrumors regular

No, I won't. verizon allows to cancel within 14 days. I am switching over to AT&T.

----------

What are iphone 5 16gb verizon going for? :D

4. phinsup macrumors 6502

phinsup

You can return the phone and cancel the 2 year agreement within 14 days, you can sell the phone and pay the etf or you can sell the phone and keep service for two years.

Verizon paid $350 toward your phone, one way or the other they are going to recover that money.

5. bholaladka thread starter macrumors regular

Perfect. That's what I was wondering. So $350 is what they want. That'd be fine if this phone is selling for $850 in the market right now?! :D

6. bmik33 macrumors member

If I were to sell/return my phone. I'm pretty sure I couldn't get my unlimited data back right?

7. bholaladka thread starter macrumors regular

What do you guys recommend? Should I try to sell it for more or just return it? ;) I just cancelled the service and ported my number to AT&T.

----------

If they have already changed your plans, then no. If you have another line with unlimited plan, yes.

8. aneftp macrumors 68040

Return the phone. Too much hassle and risk trying to make a $100-200 profit. Your cost basis is $199 or ($299/399) plus $30 upgrade fee plus taxes plus $350 ETF. So you are talking around $600 for base 16Gb iPhone 5.

If you sell it. Domestically doubt anyone will pay more than $650 for Verizon 16gb iPhone 5. Cause they can just order it for $650 full price themselves plus taxes plus have built in credit card protection warranty.

Now if you want to risk eBay and ship internationally. You could make a $200 profit. But remember eBay/PayPal amd shipping fees international. This also can erode your profit margin.

9. aajeevlin macrumors 6502a

Yea, I don't think it's worth the 100-200 dollar profit either.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That's the logical approach.
    Anyone in the US can get one for $650 plus tax. You want to sell it for $850 on ebay you can risk taking a loss with a scam or getting lost or stolen in the mail, then the ebay and paypal charges will eat big into your $150-200 profit margin etc..
    If you have the time and the patience go for it.

11. bholaladka thread starter macrumors regular

12. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Then do that. Clearly you know the answer so why start a thread?