Can I set my alarm to be quieter than my ringtone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sir Ruben, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

Hi All,

Is there a way I can set my alarm to be quieter than my ringtone? So for example when Im out and about I hear my phone ring, but in the mornings when it wakes me up the volume is more 'gentle' LOL

I thought that the new volume options in 4.2 would allow me to do this but it ddint seem to work when I tried it?

Also when I set the quicktime player volume to nothing with the slider, I can still hear sound during a clip, so I went into the new volume slider in the multitask bar and it wasnt all the way down in here, sliding that to nothing resolved. I dont get it?!

2. Sir Ruben thread starter macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

LOL im going to take the 82 views and not one reply as a "no you cant" then :D

3. iSaxon macrumors 6502a

iSaxon

Haha, you are right, you cannot adjust the volume of the alarm separately from the ringer volume. At least not right now.

4. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

You can, but not directly.

Create two separate ringtones in iTunes. Then adjust the volume of the one you plan to use for your alarm down, and leave the volume of the one you plan to use as a ringtone alone.

Set your sounds accordingly, and the alarm will always be quieter than the ringer.

Of course, this doesn't help if you like to change up your ringtone/alarm tone often, but it's a solution.