Can I set up my Exchange email and calendar on iPad in addition to my iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by wineandcarbs, Apr 2, 2011.

1. wineandcarbs macrumors 6502a

I currently have an iPhone 3GS and am purchasing a first gen iPad from someone tomorrow. Can I just set up my Exchange email and calendar on the iPad as I would my iPhone, or will the fact that it is on two different devices be an issue?

TIA :)

2. Reluctant Adept macrumors member

I've had an Exchange account on multiple iOS devices without any problems. It's no different than having the same account synchronized to laptop/desktop computers at home and at work.

3. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Nope, not a problem at all to do it - I have it on my home iMac, iPad, and iPhone. And on 'actual' Outlook, it's setup on 2 different work Windows computers.

4. wineandcarbs thread starter macrumors 6502a

Awesome, thank you! :) I appreciate it.

5. wineandcarbs thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you!! :)

6. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Yes, you can have multiple devices all syncing to the same Exchange account via ActiveSync.

Just get used to a LOT of new mail notifications -- as of last week, I had FOUR iDevices (iPad, 2 x iPad 2, and iPhone) all syncing to my Exchange mailbox. Every time I got a new message, there was a chorus of new mail sounds. It actually got to be a bit ridiculous.

7. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Hah - true. I thought once of making a JB app to harmonize the different devices to play a jingle..I was envisioning the NBC dings. To the OP - one thing you might notice is that some messages are missing. I noticed that 4.3 changed the default number of sync days to default lower. Might have to change that but otherwise you're golden. :)

8. wineandcarbs thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks guys! I got my iPad today and set up Exchange on it. It's funny, I do hear the chorus of noises when I get a new message - on my iPad and iPhone, and then later on my PC (yeah, yeah, PC user, but I like it!). :p