Can I share iPhoto pictures on different Log in Accounts?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mikebike125, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Mikebike125 macrumors 6502

Mikebike125

I have set up three different accounts on my iMac. My Account, Kids Account, and a Guest Account. I have a large collection of photos in the iPhoto program in My Account and I would like the Kids account to be able to see the photos. Is there a way that the Kids account can see the content of iPhoto in My account? I looked around and couldn't see any settings that would allow me to do that.

Does anyone know how to let this happen?? Thanks!!

2. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

like itunes, i would suspect that you can move the iphoto library to a public folder.

3. Mikebike125 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mikebike125

I found the Public folder in Finder under my name. The iPhoto application is in the Applications folder. I am not sure where (in Finder) the photos actually are and if they can even be moved. Do you know if Iphoto will have to be...... re-directed if the photos are moved so that it knows where they are?

4. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

the iphoto library is located under user/user name/pictures

you can move the library, but do some research first. you may want to run a backup before you attempt this just in case the library gets corrupted.

5. Mikebike125 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mikebike125

Hmm.... I always have the Time Machine Backup. I will see if there is any other information on the Apple site.

6. curtisinoc, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2011

curtisinoc macrumors 6502

Have you found an answer to this? I'd also like to know.

Can other users (on same computer) have access to all photos, including the way they're organized (i.e.: events, faces, etc . . .)??