Resolved can i still use this iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by miamihacker, Apr 4, 2012.

1. miamihacker, Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2012

miamihacker macrumors regular

Im sorry If Im posting this in the wrong place.
    So a week ago I thought I lost my iphone so I reported as stolen, got a new phone later on i see my sister's friend with an iphone just like mine, with my pictures and everything! so i talked to her mom (the girl is like 9) and she gave the phone back. now i have 2 iphones and im thinking of giving the old one to my dad. can I still use the old one even though it was reported stolen?

2. ap3604, Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  3. drkryn macrumors member

He never said he filed an insurance claim to get his new iPhone. He could have paid full retail for his new one. If that's the case then all he has to do is remove the phone from the stolen list and it can work again.

4. miamihacker thread starter macrumors regular

I BOUGHT the new iphone i didnt get it from no insurance company

----------

So just call at&t then?

5. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Yes, you can use the old one. No need to call ATT either, unless you need a new sim.

As to the statements about insurance fraud (I know the OP didn't use insurance), if you told the insurance company your situation, they'd likely tell you to just keep both phones. Assuming they are ATT phones, they remaind usable. Sprint and Verizon phones with insurance claims would almost certainly get a blacklisted ESN, ths rendering it useless as a phone on their networks. Insurance would still have you keep the phone though.

6. miamihacker thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks!

7. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

So you did get it from the insurance company? Double negatives are so tricky...