Can I swap sim from 4 to 4s and 4s to 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DknightNZ, Aug 28, 2013.

1. DknightNZ macrumors newbie

My partner and I want to swap phones. Can we simply take out each of our sim cards and swap them? Will all our data be in one place and what happens if we sync with our macs? We are concerned about loosing data or doubling up on everything or getting each others contacts. Cheers for your help.
    Incidentally we are on the vodaphone network in New Zealand.

2. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

You can swap sims and with other iPhones, such as the 3GS or the iP5 you may do so with a sim adaptor.

3. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

4 to 4s= same micro sim

the only way you'll lose information if you saved certain info on the sim. so basically everything is on the phone and should remain intact.

4. Mrbobb, Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013

Mrbobb macrumors 601

You are thinking, my contacts is in my sim, so if I keep my sim, the contacts will travel with me, right?

Except in the ole days of flip phones, people used to save contact information on their sims, but I don't know in the era of smartphones, with its unlimited contact list, this is done anymore, and then you have been synching your contact list within your iCloud account and/or you Mac, making it more complicated whether this will work, without scrambling anything.

The one thing I know is, when you plug an iPhone into a new Mac, iTunes will ask, This Phone is Synced with Another Library, Do you Want to ERASE iPhone and replace its information with the content of THIS Library? and if iTunes is set up for sync contacts with the Mac then your contact lists WILL BE REPLACED!

If both of you is been synching your contacts via iCloud, this is easier. Just sign off from your respective iCloud accounts, swap sim, then sign on to iCloud again using your own accounts, and iCloud sync should proceed normally with your own information. but your other data, not synched through the cloud will still have the problem above.