Can I switch my iPhone 5 black to white?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zekkragnos, Sep 27, 2012.

1. zekkragnos macrumors 6502a

zekkragnos

So I got my iPhone first day and ordered online from AT&T store, can I go exchange it at the store for the white one?

2. Xgm541 macrumors 6502a

No. You have to return it online then when they process it you can get another one.

3. SlyMac macrumors 6502

Now, why would you want to go and do that?

I know you can at the apple store. ATT may. Call em up.

4. scgf macrumors member

I did the same - received my black 16GB iPhone on releaseday, last Friday, and rang Apple on Tuesday to arrange a return. Was all set to wait 3-4 weeks for the white one but found a 32GB white elsewhere which should be with me Mon/Tues next week. I have an iPhone 4 to tide me over. Boy is that screen milky, lol!

I made a big mistake ordering a black iPhone 5. Had a white 4s, loved it but thought I needed a change. Hated it as soon as I got it. You only have to touch it and you see dirty great fingermarks on it, front and back. Dust really shows up and it generally looks pretty naff. Then I read about the scuffing and my mind was made up. Can't wait to have a white iPhone again :)

5. dasx macrumors 65816

dasx

6. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

That's racist.

7. zheka007 macrumors newbie

If I bought a black iphone at apple.com, and now i'll just go to Apple Store and return it, and then buy a white one. Is that possible?

8. Edge1978 macrumors 6502

If you order online, you can't return that to the store. You would have to send it back to them.

9. yoshimeow macrumors member

10. Dizzy714 macrumors member

I heard differently, I know that was the case last year. But I've been in an out of some Apple stores over the week and they all said they'll be able to do the return if I wanted to, which is what they're doing for my black for black (scuff problem) - just waiting for stock to get in.