can I sync my music and photos from one computer and my movies from another?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by M. Malone, Oct 3, 2008.

1. M. Malone macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

Basically I have my MacBook Pro which has all of my music and photos. And my iMac has some movies I ripped into iTunes.

What I would like to do is:

Sync my laptop's music and photo content into the iPhone.

Sync my iMac's selected movie content into the iPhone.

Is this possible? I need this to work because I would like to make my iMac the movie storage computer as it has a larger hard drive.

thanks

2. Hutch1 macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

Yes you can sync different things from different computers just not the same things from different computers. For example you can sync music and videos form home computer, address book and calendar from work PC and photos from laptop.

3. M. Malone thread starter macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

I tried it, I can sync photos from one comp, contacts from another, but both Audio and Video must be from one library. Is there ANY WAY to make it so I can get music from one library and video from another?

thank you

4. Hutch1 macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

Now because those are saved in itunes, like my example showed, this would also include apps. The best was would be to save the media on a network dive. Then you just move the videos that you want to sync into your itunes on your laptop. You could also use Mobile Me and use back to my mac to access the media on you Imac.