Can I sync photos + videos from MacBook and music + everything else from PC?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stevearm, Jun 27, 2010.

1. stevearm macrumors 6502a

Hi all,

I have my iPhoto library + my videos on my MacBook, but I'd like my main desktop PC to be the one I sync my phone regularly too. It has all my music, apps, calendars, contacts etc...

My question is, can I sync my iPhone to my PC, then plug it into my MacBook and only sync my photos and videos across?

Is this possible?

Cheers any help would be great

2. maf2k8 macrumors 6502

I do believe it is possible, you would just UnCheck everything on the laptop in iTunes ( uncheck music, uncheck apps, uncheck auto sync ) just have Video checked off and nothing more it should just sync the videos...

3. stevearm thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's what I'm thinking thanks. Does a backup backup media ie: photos, videos etc or is it just apps, texts, etc

I read somewhere about an error message that pops up when you try and sync the same phone to two different computers, that may an older version?

4. stevearm thread starter macrumors 6502a

5. stevearm thread starter macrumors 6502a

6. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

I do not think so. Last I knew, if you tried to sync it (or even a regular iPod for that matter) with another computer, it will ask you if you want to proceed or cancel since syncing with the new computer will erase the media on there now.

Checking and unchecking is for not wanting to sync certain items (i.e. if someone uses the same iTunes account/computer).

You can always try it and if the message pops up, just hit cancel!