Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alecapple

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 23, 2008
When i switched from T-mobile to AT&T i went to my local best buy, and signed up for a plan, and i just got a cheap phone, as i was planning on buying an iphone in a couple of days. I want to know if its alright to take the sim card out of my iphone and put it into the cheap sony ericsson that i got to begin with, and by doing this will it void anything like my data, or is it against the TOU to do this. I go to the beach often and would rather carry a 50 dolar phone with me that my iphone.

bacaramac

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
I do this all the time and have even been using the data from my iPhone Sim card.

kornyboy

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2004
Knoxville, TN (USA)
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

You should be able to do this and I don't think it will void any warranty or anything. I'd check with AT&T to make sure.

Aravintht

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2007
London, UK
AT&T will tell you not to do it

but chances are, even if they do notice you have put the sim in another phone, they wont care

in the UK, we have to sign a piece of paper when we buy the iPhone and one of the conditions is we dont swap the sims...but most people do and i havent heard of anyone getting charged etc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.