Can I tell if my phone is unlocked?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Maury, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Maury macrumors 6502

OK, after much effort, I was able to downgrade my OS to 3.1.2, downgrade my baseband to 5.13.04. fix the problems in Cydia, and start downloading ultrasn0w…

As soon as the download is done, Cydia asks me to Restart Springboard. So I click the button, and immediately the screen turns black and I get the "I'm busy shutting down for a restart" spinner in the middle of the screen. And it spins… forever.

Now what? Is that the expected behaviour? Is it doing something, or is this where I'm supposed to restart? The guides are utterly unclear on this.

Ok so I've rebooted. Now is there a way to know if ultrasn0w worked? There's still no icon, is that correct?

2. MBPMax macrumors member

Well, your baseband is supported by ultrasn0w, so there's no reason for it not to work. You can always check if ultrasn0w is installed by going to Cydia, Manage, Packages and then checking if there's a tick next to ultrasn0w. And to be 100% sure, try different SIM cards and see if they work.

3. Maury thread starter macrumors 6502

Well it IS listed… I guess I just have to find some SIMs to try. The one from the wife's phone works, but only after a reboot (which is fine).