Can I tell which of my iTunes tracks have DRM?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JGeorge07, May 16, 2009.

1. JGeorge07 macrumors newbie

All of my music has come from the iTunes store, and I have updated the ones available to non-DRM status for the $0.30 that Apple charges. Now my question is, is there a quick way of seeing which songs I have that still have DRM on them? I think it's only a few, but I'm trying to figure out without clicking CMD+I on over 1,000 songs.

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Make a Smart Playlist where the Kind is "Protected AAC audio file" without the quotes.

3. Nugget macrumors 65816

Nugget

In iTunes view your Music library in list mode. Right click on the column header bar and make sure that the "Kind" column is checked.

DRM files will list as "Protected AAC audio file" and iTunes Plus non-DRM files will list as "Purchased AAC audio file"

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Right-click up in the column headers and add "Kind". You can then sort and see "Purchased" and "Protected".

Edit: Eternal doom on the two of you for simultaneously posting.

5. Nugget macrumors 65816

Nugget

Hey! It's already tomorrow in New Zealand so you have no excuse for not being first! Here in Texas we're a day behind reading the forums.

6. JGeorge07 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks so much for the quick help! I did the list view thing - only 1 album is still protected!

7. JCastro macrumors 6502a

That was a good question. I have been wondering about that myself. Thanks to everyone else for answering (all at the same time)! :D

8. CMelton macrumors regular

CMelton

Sorry to jump in but as an extension to the queston is it possible to see which account bought which songs? There are multiple accounts on my iTunes but I don't know which purchased which songs and I'd really like to be able to see that. Any ideas?