Can I transfer iTunes music to my Mac and give to my wife?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Kendo, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Kendo macrumors 68000

I have her set up under Family Share but for some reason it won't let me download music onto her iPhone through iCloud. Can I just transfer the purchases from my Mac?

2. Sulten macrumors regular

Sulten

This might work, you have to remove your device from itunes. so open iTunes and remove your device. Google how to remove a device from Itunes and see if that works. or create another profile imports the songs you want in itunes after its downloaded to that profile. I did the first one. google can show you how to remove a device from itunes.

3. Bluemeanie1976 macrumors 6502a

Bluemeanie1976

Just set her iPad to manually manage music, etc,many just drag the songs over to her iPad when in itunes.

Should work.

4. Kendo thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks guys I figured it out. I signed into iTunes and downloaded all my songs from iCloud to my Mac and then signed out. Then I connected her iPhone and was able to sync all my music to her. As mentioned before, she is set under my Family Purchases so that is the reason why it allowed her to use my music. Also, for some reason iCloud gives MAJOR problems when trying to download the music directly from her iPhone. We can see my purchase history in her account but it keeps cancelling the downloads halfway. Transferring them to my Mac and then to her iPhone was seemless.

5. NoBoMac macrumors 6502a

iCloud or do you mean iTunes Match?

Can see iCloud not working. The state of iCloud, sure, probably can put music files there (or any other cloud service), but wrong tool for the job re: iTunes playing.

6. Kendo thread starter macrumors 68000

Music purchased from iTunes is automatically put onto iCloud so you can redownload at any time.