Can I update 3gs 4.1 to a newer firmware to jailbreak and unlock?

lucaya

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
3gs 4.1 5.15.04
Can I unlock without updating to iPad BB if I update my firmware?

lucaya

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
trying to learn, not just get answer

Still learning and trying to understand so forgive the questions...I thought that's what this place was for. In an effort to understand: what happens when you update on itunes to 5.1? A quick google search indicates there is a jailbreak. If there's a sticky, I'd be happy to read it. I can't find anything else.

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
If you had been reading as you claim, you wouldn't be asking. Also, you'd know that jb and unlock aren't synonymous.
Read some more.
Still learning and trying to understand so forgive the questions...I thought that's what this place was for. In an effort to understand: what happens when you update on itunes to 5.1? A quick google search indicates there is a jailbreak. If there's a sticky, I'd be happy to read it. I can't find anything else.

lucaya

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
Thanks so much...

If you are annoyed by helping people who don't know as much as you, then why bother replying at all? Just for the self-satisfaction of being condescending? I came for help, if you don't want to give it, ignore me please.

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
I'm not the one ignoring the answers to questions that were already answered. I'm annoyed by people who ask the same question over and over again, but refuse to accept the answer.
If you don't want to accept our help, why are you here?
If you are annoyed by helping people who don't know as much as you, then why bother replying at all? Just for the self-satisfaction of being condescending? I came for help, if you don't want to give it, ignore me please.