Can i update my iphone o.s. and then jailbreak it so i have the latest ios4?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iphonemacapple, Sep 25, 2010.

1. iphonemacapple macrumors newbie

I have the first Generation i phone running one of the first generation i.o.s for the phone. I have jail broken the iphone so i never updated the ios for fear it would lock and i would not be able to jailbreak it again to unlock it. soooo my question is one can i even update the 1st Generation iphone or the "2G" iphone to ios4 and if not what is the latest ios i can get for it? If i can update the ios 4 to the 2G iphone how should i go abt jail breaking it? I have a Mac book pro and i used ziphone last time...i figured i would use the same again this time but i need a little bit of guidence first. the current o.s on the iphone is 2.2

2. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Google is your friend. You don't seem to have the basic knowledge therefore it will be hard for anyone to help you.

3. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

You cannot upgrade to 4.x because it is not available for the original iPhone. The latest version you can use is 3.1.2. just upgrade and then use Redsnow to jailbreak and unlock. Check out iClarified.com for a tutorial.

4. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

Why can't the OP use 3.1.3?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, 3.1.3 is the highest you can go on a 2G.

6. tehreflex macrumors 6502

You can go to http://www.whited00r.com/. It has a modified 3.1.3 to enable some 4.0 features. It also jailbreaks the phone too.