Can I upgrade to 5.1.1 if I want to jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by zooby, May 20, 2012.

  1. zooby, May 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

    Applejuiced

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2008
    Location:
    At the iPhone hacks section.
    #2
    Pod2g has announced that the untethered jailbreak of iOS 5.1.1 is just days away from release.

    Thanks to awesome work of @planetbeing and @pimskeks, we're near ready for a release. Now it's a matter of days.

    Here is the list of devices that are known to work for sure:
    ● iPhone 3Gs
    ● iPhone 4
    ● iPhone 4 CDMA
    ● iPhone 4S
    ● iPad 1
    ● iPad 2 Wifi
    ● iPad 2 GSM
    ● iPad 2 CDMA
    ● iPad 3 Wifi
    ● iPad 3 CDMA
    ● iPod 3G
    ● iPod 4G

    Here is the list of devices that won't be supported:
    ● AppleTV 3

    Remains to test (but that should work):
    ● iPad 2 Wifi, R2
    ● iPad 3 Global
    ● AppleTV 2
     
  3. Vundu macrumors 65816

    Vundu

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2009
    Location:
    Manchester, UK
    #3
    So the answer is yes you can safely update to 5.1.1
     
  4. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2011
    #4
    The general rule of thumb is to wait until the actual release, to make sure it is 100%, without a doubt, cross platform compatable with 5.1.1

    But, the odds are certainly in your favor that you'll be safe.

    Still, if the JB release is 48 or so hours away, why not wait on the upgrade?
     
  5. drenline macrumors 6502a

    drenline

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2010
    #5
    Too late, I already updated my new iPad to 5.1.1
     
  6. chestvrg macrumors 65816

    chestvrg

    Joined:
    Dec 13, 2010
    #6
    Wow I didn't know of that announcemt. Thank you, I can't wait to reinstall my Cydia app. I miss 3G unrestrictor and SBsettings so much.
     
  7. Balibalistic macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2012
    #7
    oh man, so do i. im like a sad 12 year old without my jb.
     
  8. chestvrg macrumors 65816

    chestvrg

    Joined:
    Dec 13, 2010
    #8
    LOL, I have 5.1.1 as a pending notification so now that I know I'll update soon but to play it safe I'll make sure to wait until the release of untether JB for it :)
     

Share This Page